1st INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON LANDSLIDES IN SENSITIVE CLAYS (IWLSC)
The 1st International Workshop on Landslides in Sensitive Clays (IWLSC) will be held at Laval University, in Québec City, Canada, from October 28th to 30th, 2013.
The Workshop aims to provide an international perspective of landslides in sensitive clays and their consequences by bringing together state-of-the-art contributions from international researchers in the academia and in the industry, as well as planners working on land-use and hazard mapping. The Workshop shall provide a broad coverage of the scientific and engineering aspects of geo-hazards related to sensitive clays.
Due to the large number of registered attendees, the workshop cannot accommodate any further participants. The organizing committee would like to thank you for your interest and invites you to get the workshop volume in the Springer "Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research" Series.
WORKSHOP THEMES INCLUDE:
- Sensitive clays: source, nature, development, characterization and extent
- Slope development and processes
- Triggering of landslides
- Post-failure behaviour and landslide morphology
- Modeling and slope stability assessment
- Geotechnical and geophysical investigations
- Susceptibility mapping
- Hazard assessment, risk management, regulations and policies
- Landslide precursors and early warning systems
- Stabilizing methods in sensitive clays
UNDER THE AEGIS OF:
Designed and created by Agora Communication inc.